Thursday, February 19, 2009

Response to the Eau Claire Art Gallery

The 3 black cross - I notice a lot of curly and curve shapes. I notice a 3 black shapes forming a cross in each. The colors look very dull. There are no rainbow colors in her work. It's purely a piece that stays away from bright beautiful colors. The artist statement states that the artist's work is a visual devil's advocate. Her lace plays in well with her overall drawings. Inside her lace works, she has figures of ancient resemblances. It is no wonder her works reminds of the renaissance.

Edward Mayer - I notice a form of a fish net. I notice lines that look woven. The material looks like they are yarn-like. I notice hanging lines and dangling lines. I notice a shadow is cast behind the lines. The close up shows that the materials are plastic and phone. The form looks architecture.

No comments: