Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Final Art Project Proposal



The artists I am referencing are Andrew Jones and Chet Zar. Although I named two, I will be following more of works closer to Andrew Jones. My idea was to use and focus on shapes to create concepts of things I want to create. I want address this phrase, "The mind is a powerful tool in remembering shapes," therefore I want to ride with this idea to create my digital/3D concept associated with shapes regardless of complexity. Not necessarily creating final concepts in shape like objects, but more like approaching a final idea with the use of basic shapes and a little color.

My main focus is to create a character concept regarding the idea of biology in terms of Human and Machines.

My questions
• How can simple shapes be used in the process of building an interesting character concept
• How can 2D and 3D application work together in this current decade of art

Tools Used
Paper/Pencil, Zbrush, Maya(3D App), Photoshop, Painter

The Process
I started out with paper and pencil to draw some sketches. After a few concepts were drawn, I transfer the ideas into digital files using Photoshop. The file is then transfered into a 3D application, Maya. The basic shapes of cubes, cylinders, and spheres were used as the starting building blocks of the piece. After extruding, cutting, attaching, and smoothing the shapes to a form I am satisfy, I transfer the file out into another 3D application, Zbrush. This is where I refine the body and muscles more into detail. Than I transerfer the file back into Maya to fix any errors of the model and make a render into a TIFF file. The file is then brought to painter to adjust lighting, color, and texture.



No comments: