Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Gallery Critique

Jordanne Le Fae - This work seems to be very grungy and old. It feels like the image has a very old touch to it. The dis-saturation and the use of color scheme is very dull and pale-like. When I look at this image, I feel loneliness and like I am living in the 70's or 80's. I don't feel excited for some reason. The women's eyes looking at me is pretty engaging. It disturbs me however if I look too long at it.

Jordanne Le Fae - This work is a large scale size, the size of a person licking his guitar. The face expression is exotic. The image is a cutout piece. The figure is in a standing position with his guitar hold up. The image is a colored one. The artist seems to want to express something from this piece. The fact that the image is large, it helps engage me to the piece. However, I feel something is missing in that piece. I don’t feel as excited about the piece which I should. Maybe if the artist included something else to interact with the object it might become more interesting.

No comments: