Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Research Project

What I want to do for my project is making digital art drawings base on concepts for things such as characters, machines, etc. I will be using a Wacom Drawing Tablet and a computer as my medium art tool. The computer software I will be using will be Painter X.

The artist I want to reference to show what idea I have in mind are Andrew Jones and Chet Zar. Although I named two, I will be following more of works closer to Andrew Jones. My idea is to use and focus on shapes to create concepts of things I want to create. The mind is a powerful tool in remembering shapes, therefore I want to ride with this idea to create my digital concepts associated with shapes. Not necessarily creating final concepts in shape like objects, but more like approaching a final idea with the use of shapes and color.

In the idea of incorporating science into this project, I want to create complex chaotic scenes to show and represent the complexity of science and biology. It is like merging human, machines, and the idea of science together. I will try to find ways to merge them in variety of ways.

I also want to play with color and see if I can set a mood going in each piece of my work that I will be doing. I want to challenge myself in creating life-like color tones that will be applied to the overall composition. I hope to not concentrate or focus too much on color but instead the overall shapes that create the image.

Andrew Jones’ work can be viewed at: http://youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=andrew%2C+painter%2C+tutorial&aq=8

Chet Zar's work can be viewed at:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=naARsufuKHc&feature=related

No comments: