Monday, September 8, 2008

What I want to spend this semester learning about ~

I am taking this class in hoping to get better with precise measurement and alignment when drawing figures and objects. I have a little interest in business as well and hope to later in the future work together with artist and be able to understand them from their perspective and from a business person's perspective to better combine the two and allow for easier communication. I also want to experiment and observe how art and business work together in the current era.

Through some personal experience and through reading online forums, I realize that not a lot of people in the business who works with artists, whether they are the head boss or the person running the business financially, will not usually understand the procedures of what an artist must overcome and go through in order to complete their job. In other words, the people running the business financially just want things to get done by their hired artists and make profit but yet most likely will not know what good advice to give to their working artists to accomplish their task. It is usually up to the artist to know what to do to be able to complete such an assignment given by upper people working in the business. This is something I want to explore more into as I learn more about the business world and art.

No comments: